The Philosophy of St Colmcilles (Kells) Credit Union dates back to 1961, our Mission is to support and promote the financial well-being of the community.
Small Businesses are an integral part of our community; the credit union understands the significant variation both within and across the business sector. With this in mind St. Colmcilles (Kells) Credit Union has ventured into the market of providing SME Loans to existing businesses, sole traders and start ups. SME Income and expenditure vary through the year; therefore our SME Loans are structured to meet the financial needs of individual businesses..
Currently our loans are over 5 or 10 years with the flexible option of weekly/monthly or quarterly repayments. Interest is calculated on a reducing balance basis, therefore the quicker you pay your loan the less interest you pay. This loan is insured in the event of death at no extra cost to the member. Terms and conditions apply.
In addition to this, there are no administration or other hidden costs. There are no penalties for early redemption.
Regardless of the scale of the SME operation, our strategy is to tailor our SME Lending to meet diverse business requirements with loans ranging from €10,000 to €100,000 – we aim to underwrite and make a decision within 24 hours. SME Loans can be applied for immediately.
We have a dedicated SME team at St Colmcilles (Kells) Credit Union – so don’t delay, call today.
SME Loan Features
- Repayments set to meet your personal circumstances
- Free Life Loan Protection Insurance
- No Document Fees
- No Set Up Fees
- No penalty for early redemption of your loan
Please note that the information contained on this site is designed to assist you with your business finance application and is in keeping with the Central Bank (Supervision and Enforcement) Act 2013 (Section 48) (Lending to Small and Medium-sized Enterprises) Regulations 2015.
Our Loan Officers will guide you through the credit application process.
To support you we have detailed below a check list that is designed to assist in providing us with all information relevant to expediting the application process;
Information required from the company and any parent company:
- Audited Accounts for previous financial years;
- Management accounts to date;
- Budget financial projections;
- Bank statements for the last 6 months;
- Balancing statement from the Revenue Commissioners;
- Detail of the beneficial owner of the business;
- Background of the business, history / current contracts.
- In certain circumstances a business plan may be required (Information required in the business plan is detailed below)
Where a company is newly established (less than 3 years old), a business plan will be required for review containing:
- business projections for the next 3 years;
- plan for the business – details of the trade / expansion details / local competition / strategy /management team information / funding and working capital facilities / requirement for funding from the Credit Union.
St. Colmcille’s (Kells) Credit Union Ltd reserves the right to request additional information or security to support the decision making process once your application has been reviewed. The Credit Union will offer the borrower the option of a meeting which shall, at a minimum, include a credit review on an annual basis.
You are entitled to meet with the Credit Union directly should you wish to do so using the contact details provided below and we shall promptly get in touch.
St. Colmcille’s (Kells) Credit Union Ltd.
Tel: 046 9240299
We are Local, Loyal and Lending, please contact us on 046-9240299, apply on-line at Cu Mobile or pick up a Loan pack in the office.
Where you are a ‘Small Enterprise’ that is an enterprise which employs fewer than 50 persons and which has an annual turnover and annual balance sheet total which does not exceed €10 million; please be aware of the following in respect of any loan that you would like to apply for with Kells Credit Union.
- You are entitled to request a meeting with the Credit Union to discuss any proposed application for credit;
- The timelines applicable to the assessment of a credit application are as follows;
- St Colmcille’s(Kells) Credit Union Ltd may require the following documents in support of your application for credit;
- St Colmcille’s(Kells) Credit Union Credit Union may require submission of a business plan in support of an application for credit;
- A description of the information that may be required in a business plan, including information on the structure and content of the business plan is as follows;
- Credit Union to include a statement confirming whether a refused application for credit will result in a negative impact on the borrower’s credit rating;
- You can request a description of the Credit Union’s policies on security;
- You can request a copy of Government support schemes available from or through the Credit Union (where applicable).